Our HomeEconomics class, under the intense direction of ‘Miss’ Mary Sallee, had a yearly fundraiser. The main dish was called Johnnie Mazetti, served with a green salad and and french bread.
I’m sure you’ll want to cut this in half or less, for a family of six.
3 lbs. ground beef
1 lb. chopped onion
1 lb. chopped bell pepper
1 bunch chopped celery
1 large can V-8 Juice
1 Can Cream of Tomato Soup
2 large pks. noodles (cook as directed)
2 cans Tomato sauce
1 large bottle stuffed olives, sliced
1 can mushrooms
1 lb. grated cheese
1. Cook meat in a little oil, till color changes. Strain out fat.
2. Cook onions, peppers and celery in oil, until clear
3. Combine all juices, soups, sauces, stir till blended
4. Cook liquids, meat and vegetables about 10 minutes
5. Cook noodles in boiling water till tender
6. Add noodles to juice and meat
7. Pour 1/2 of meat into a layer in large baking pan
8. Pour olive juice over all of this
9. Add layer of grated cheese and sliced olives
10. Add rest of recipe and cover again with cheese, olives and mushrooms
11. Add more olive juice.
Cook 1 hour at 350 degrees or 1 1/2 hours at 325