I walked in hungry for something but not sure what I wanted. The lady cooking said “We’ve got a good chicken salad today. Want to try a bite?” I nodded and she handed me a fork with some on it. It was goooood! She then said “You want a sandwich on toasted sour dough?” I nodded. The owner said “We have that passion fruit tea you like. You want one?” I nodded. Within 5 minutes they had my lunch packed and I was ready to go back to work. Impressive. Green Acres Market… For the person that has too much on their mind to make a decision but needs nutrition to keep going…
Jana Caldwell can be found on FB; Sales Associate with Carter City and County Realty; and firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoy Jana’s humor, check out her book, “Thursday Night Confessions” available on Amazon.
1) Heartburn- Bananas are nature’s anti-acid and can provide relief from heartburn and acid reflux. Eating just one banana can immediately bring soothing relief and lessen your heartburn symptoms.
2) Blood Pressure- Bananas help to lower blood pressure and protect against stroke or heart attack because they are low in sodium and high in potassium, making them a heart healthy food.
3) Energy- Eating a banana or two before a workout gives you enough energy to last an hour or more. The low glycemic carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals all support your body increase endurance, while potassium helps to prevent muscle cramps.
4) Anemia- They can help those with anemia by providing much needed dietary iron, which stimulates red blood cell and hemoglobin production and strengthens the blood supply.
5) Ulcers- When you suffer from stomach ulcers many foods are off limits, but bananas can be eaten without having to worry about whether or not they’ll cause pain. That’s because their smooth, soft, mushy texture coats the stomach lining and protects it against corrosive acids and irritation.
6) Depression- They can help overcome depression because they have high levels of tryptophan, which our bodies convert into serotonin. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter that makes people relax, feel happy, and improves mood. Thus, bananas can help people feel better and beat depression.
7) Constipation- If you are clogged up, eat a few bananas. They have enough fiber in them to stimulate regular bowel movements and provide natural relief for constipation.
8) Nerves or PMS- When you’re feeling moody and stressed, eat a banana. They help to regulate blood sugar and are rich in B vitamins, which naturally calm the nervous system and make people relax, resulting in an overall improved mood.
9) Temperature Control- Eating a banana on a hot day can cool you off by lowering your body temperature. The same is true for it you have a fever.
FAYETTEVILLE (KFSM) — Fayetteville topped U.S. News and World Report’s list of the 20 Best Affordable Places to Live in the U.S. for 2016.
Earlier this year, Fayetteville was named the third best place to live in the company’s 2016 list of best places to live in the U.S.
The study looked at cities’ rankings on U.S. News’ list of the best places to live, as well as population, median home price, annual salary and percent of income spent on living expenses for their rankings.
According to the report, the average Fayetteville citizen spends less than 24 percent of their income on living costs, which is the lowest on the list.
Several people are capitalizing on Fayetteville’s popularity. The city is growing steadily, with a 4.76 growth rate between 2010 and 2014.
City officials said this ranking should encourage business owners to consider opening shop in Fayetteville.
“It is a great place to start a business. It is a great place to start a family,” said Steve Clark, President of the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce. “It is a great place for new beginnings, or reinvention of beginnings.”
“Costs [of living] do go up, but we maintain the pace with that by paying good living wages in the city,” said Lioneld Jordan, Mayor of Fayetteville.Another Arkansas city came in at No. 4 on the list — Little Rock.
Little Rock was ranked 32 on the best places to live in 2016, and citizens spend an average of just over 27 percent of their income on living expenses.
“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children’s children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.” Ronald Reagan
President Harry S. Truman led the effort to establish a single holiday for citizens to come together and thank our military members for their patriotic service in support of our country.On August 31, 1949, Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson announced the creation of an Armed Forces Day to replace separate Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force Days.
The single day celebration stemmed from the unification of the Armed Forces under the Department of Defense.
Paying tribute to their horse companions, 650 Officers and Enlisted Men of the Auxiliary Remount Depot No. 326, Camp Cody, Deming New Mexico . Camp Cody was a WWI army camp from 1916-1918.
source: I’m a Horseaddict FB